August 25, 2005

An Exercise in Logic


I got this e-mail recently:
"You better be right. Being in hell forever is sure going to hurt. God loves you and doesn't want you to burn. Why do you turn your back on Him. I will pray that you change your mind before it is too late."


Let's think about this, shall we? For the sake of argument let's assume four things:

1. God exists (the Xtian verison, for our purposes here.)
2. God created all of us
3. God has a plan.
4. Being omipotent, God knows all


If those things are true, then:

1. God is all-powerful and all-knowing
1. God created me as I am - a freethinking atheist
2. He planned for me to be that way
3. Being omipotent He knows that despite my "free will", I will never be able to accept the yoke of religion.


Therefore,
God created me specifically to occupy hell. What a right fucker he "is"! (that is, if he existed) .


I'll stick with atheism, thanks. Far fewer confusing nonsensical contradictions.