An Exercise in Logic
I got this e-mail recently:
"You better be right. Being in hell forever is sure going to hurt. God loves you and doesn't want you to burn. Why do you turn your back on Him. I will pray that you change your mind before it is too late."
Let's think about this, shall we? For the sake of argument let's assume four things:
1. God exists (the Xtian verison, for our purposes here.)
2. God created all of us
3. God has a plan.
4. Being omipotent, God knows all
If those things are true, then:
1. God is all-powerful and all-knowing
1. God created me as I am - a freethinking atheist
2. He planned for me to be that way
3. Being omipotent He knows that despite my "free will", I will never be able to accept the yoke of religion.
God created me specifically to occupy hell. What a right fucker he "is"! (that is, if he existed) .
I'll stick with atheism, thanks. Far fewer confusing nonsensical contradictions.