August 29, 2005

Religious Spam

Came into work this morning at 7 a.m. to find this:


"The Cross


You are my 7 in 7 seconds. I am not breaking this. No way! I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! just repeat this prayer and see how God moves!!

"Lord, I love you and I need you. Come into my heart and bless me, my family, my home and my friends. In Jesus' name, Amen."

Pass this message to 7 people {EXCEPT YOU AND ME}. You will receive a miracle. I Hope that you won't ignore this and will let God bless you!"


Obviously, I have serveral problem with this:

1. It's SEVEN IN THE MORNING

2. forwarding an e-mail to piss off seven other people will get me a miracle? Goodness, god is low rent these days.

3. PRAY DOESN'T WORK.


Why is it that a murderer who claims that god told him to kill someone is crazy, yet these whackadoos who think their prayers are answered are not? They're doing exactly the same thing - talking to god. And since the bible is full of examples of god telling people to kill other people, why should they consider these divinely inspired killers to be anything less than soliders for god?


It's 7:30 and I've already had my fill of nonsence this morning.