October 19, 2005

The Irony Meter Explodes

Get a load of this.... if you can stop lauging long enough to read the whole thing that is.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/living/food/12938086.htm

BILLY GRAHAM IN MY OPINION
Q. I grew up in a Christian home, but over the years I drifted away from it and don't believe in God at all now. My question is this: Once a person is a convinced atheist, is there any hope of becoming a believer again? I don't see how it's possible, but I'd be interested in your answer.

A:It's possible for a convinced atheist to become a believer -- if they aren't close-minded. Unfortunately, many convinced atheists aren't really willing to reexamine the evidence honestly and fairly. I hope that won't be the case with you. I could, of course, give you a number of reasons why it makes sense to believe in God; you probably already know them. But look at Jesus Christ -- not through the "lens" of your past experiences, but through the "lens" of the New Testament.

Before you begin reading it, I challenge you to pray something like this: "God, I don't even know if you exist -- but if you do, show yourself to me." God will answer that prayer. Why do I urge you to look at Christ? The reason is because he made a very startling claim about himself: he said he was God in human flesh. "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30). Do you want to know what God is like? Look at Jesus, "For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form" (Colossians 2:9). Jesus said, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find" (Matthew 7:7).

Don't let anything keep you from seeking God, for he loves you, and coming to know him will be the greatest discovery you will ever make.


this is my favorite part: "It's possible for a convinced atheist to become a believer -- if they aren't close-minded. Unfortunately, many convinced atheists aren't really willing to reexamine the evidence honestly and fairly."

*LOL* HILARIOUS. And, it reminds me of a quote I read on the God is For Suckers Blog comment section. It refers to IDiotism, but still illustrates the hilarious hypocrisy of calling atheists "closeminded".

"They don’t realize that what they are saying is that airplanes don’t fly because of lift, but because this book I have that’s 2,000 years old says that the invisible almighty frog carries it on his back. And we know the almighty frog is real because the book says it is. How could this book be wrong, it was written by the 15 gnats of the glowing land. I mean it’s not like we figure out new things about this world everyday… how could anything have changed in 2,000 years? "